Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Below you will find some popular questions related to our serviced apartments.
Please contact us directly for any other questions you may have. 01223 709409
- Always stand between the fire and the exit
- Make sure you use the correct type of extinguisher for the fire. Never use an extinguisher on oil or fat pan fires – use a fire blanket or a wet towel that has been wrung out.
- Read and understand the instructions printed on the side of the fire blanket and fire extinguishers.
- If there is a fire in the building, you are usually safest in your own home, unless you are affected by the heat or smoke. However, if in doubt get out.
- Use the stairs, not the lift, when leaving the building.
- If it is too dangerous to follow your escape route because the stairs and hallways are filled with smoke, ring 999 and stay inside the safest room. Keep the door closed and use towels or bedding at the bottom of the door to bloke the smoke.
- If you are trapped, go to the balcony or window – but don’t think about jumping. Wait for the fire rescue service.
- In the event of a fire, never assume that someone else has called 999. Make sure your neighbours know about the fire. Bang on their doors on your way out.