Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Below you will find some popular questions related to our serviced apartments.
Please contact us directly for any other questions you may have. 01223 709409
The level of service provided in a serviced apartment varies greatly depending on the service provider, however at Signet serviced apartments we provide weekly housekeeping, a bed linen and towel change (for stays of 7 nights or more) and all house-hold amenities to ensure you’re living in luxury during your stay. Each of our apartments has a fully functioning kitchen, bathroom and bedrooms, as well as free high speed broadband. We offer extras such as cots and high chairs, a printer and photocopier should you request one.
There are many differences between a hotel and a serviced apartment.
For example, with a hotel, you are only given one room, whereas with a serviced apartment you are provided with a fully equipped apartment for all your living needs, such as a kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom.
Serviced apartments provide much more space than a traditional hotel, meaning you can truly live in luxury during your stay rather than just stay in one bedroom.
Serviced apartments are self-catered, and therefore you have the opportunity to cook for yourself or any guests that may visit you during your stay.
Serviced apartments do not offer room service like hotels, but they instead offer the ease and convenience of a fully furnished luxury apartment that can often be more comfortable for long-term stays than a hotel room.
Check-in time is from 3:30 pm onwards and check out is at 10:30 am. Should you require an earlier check-in please do let us know and we will do our best to accommodate the request.
One of the Signet team will meet you at the apartment when you arrive. Upon check out please lock the apartment and post keys in the letterbox or mailbox. Full details will be provided via email.
All of our Signet luxury serviced apartments are cleaned weekly and between the transition of guests.
All apartments are fully serviced each week which includes a complete bed linen change, bathrooms and kitchens cleaned, a general tidy, dust and vacuum of the apartment.
If you are staying with us on a long-term basis you will be notified of when these weekly cleaning services are taking place.
At Signet serviced apartments the bedding and towels are changed weekly for guests staying greater than 7 nights. If you require any extra changes we can accommodate this for a small charge.
Guests staying for shorter stays will not be provided with a linen or towel change.
Should you require additional cleans during your stay please do not hesitate to contact us. Please note an additional charge would be applied per clean.
All of the apartments having a washing machine as well as complimentary laundry tablets. We have also partnered with Oxwash who offer an on-demand laundry & dry cleaning service to the apartment.
Signet Apartments have a policy that no-one should put themselves at risk in the case of the fire. If you discover a fire and it can be dealt with without personal risk, use the nearest fire extinguisher or fire blanket provided to put it out.
- Always stand between the fire and the exit
- Make sure you use the correct type of extinguisher for the fire. Never use an extinguisher on oil or fat pan fires – use a fire blanket or a wet towel that has been wrung out.
- Read and understand the instructions printed on the side of the fire blanket and fire extinguishers.
ON HEARING THE FIRE ALARM
- If there is a fire in the building, you are usually safest in your own home, unless you are affected by the heat or smoke. However, if in doubt get out.
- Use the stairs, not the lift, when leaving the building.
- If it is too dangerous to follow your escape route because the stairs and hallways are filled with smoke, ring 999 and stay inside the safest room. Keep the door closed and use towels or bedding at the bottom of the door to bloke the smoke.
- If you are trapped, go to the balcony or window – but don’t think about jumping. Wait for the fire rescue service.
- In the event of a fire, never assume that someone else has called 999. Make sure your neighbours know about the fire. Bang on their doors on your way out.
In the event of a fire, please follow the above and instructions and call Signet Apartments as soon as it is safe to do so on +44 (0)1223 709 409